This Month Top Conversation:
Miley Cyrus x Vogue & W mag
The wannabe provocator pop singer Miley Cyrus strike two cover this month and prove us she can be even less dress than ever. Miley is still promoting her album Bangerz hard and the competition is hard out there. Between the Beyonce, the Katy Perry and the Lady Gaga of our time, Miley Cyrus is doing everything she can to erase her old Disney image from our memories.
“I don’t give a shit. I’m not Disney, where they have, like, an Asian girl, a black girl, and a white girl, to be politically correct, and, like, everyone has bright-colored T-shirts. “I love weed. I just love getting stoned. I just want it to be back to where it’s, like, organic, good weed.”_ W magazine
Miley could keep her “white trash and Chanel” vibe all to herself because Wintour wasn’t having it on the cover of her fashion bible. Several months have passed, and Miley’s received a consolation prize of sorts: a cover for German Vogue. The photoshoot is titled, “Blonde Angel,” which (as CB tells me) is a Marlene Deitrich reference. _ Celebitchy
Leonardo Dicaprio, Jared Leto & Matthew McConaughey on Variety
Right before the Oscars Variety featured the three contenders – Leonardo The Artist / Matthew the Comeback Kid / Jared the Man From Mars
Variety is trade paper. A lot of Academy members had been reading it during the Oscars campaign season. So the magazine had a powerful impact on those 3 boys Oscars chance and future acting career.
Leo’s approach? I was ALWAYS devoted to the art. My body of work speaks to that. I don’t do movies like Fool’s Gold. I am The One. I didn’t need to come back because I never stepped. (Lainey Gossip)
McConaughey approach? McConaughey took a break from the “light” because he wanted to gamble for more: more quality work, more character work, more respect, more prestige. (Lainey Gossip + Celebitchy )
On the other side Jared approach was more : I am pursuing my dreaaaams and I am so humble and so devoted to my work and spoot out the now famous quote : “I think I needed to go away in order to have something to say again.” . Yaaayaaya alright we get it you’re a hobo emo.
I am a bit irritated that Chiwetel Ejiofor didn’t get his Variety cover. Why? He much deserved it, as he deserved to win on March 2 too… but hey we now know he didn’t …wtv!
And we now know the Oscars results so…
- Alec Baldwin’s 5,000 word PLUS – PLUS! – so called verbal essay in New York Magazine (Lainey Gossip)
- Lupita Nyong’o on New York Magazine (Lainey Gossip)
- Marion Cotillard did the Interview mag cover. She’s Working on Macbeth. She’s playing prostitute. She’s playing with FASSY. It was rumored that Nathalie Portman was looking for the part but she apparently turn it down. Even if I like Marion Cotillard I I think that Nathalie would’ve been a better pick than Marion. This one can play crazy like no other. (Celebitchy)
- Jared Leto on Flaunt. This one knows hwo to look crazy insanly hot. I bet he was the creative director of his own shoot. (Celebitchy)
- Emilia Clarke is amazing on the cover of The Wall Street Journal promoting the 4th season of Game of Thrones.
- French actor Jean Dujardin is now getting more and more into the Hollywood business by become the new french BFF in the very A+ list gang of Hollywood. Well done Loulou !
- Love the title of the Benedict Cumberbatch New York Times’ T Style Magazine cover : The accidental superstar. I still wonder why…
- Gisele Bundchen Covers debut Issue of Porter Magazine, From Net-a-Porter
Read past Cover Battle :