TOP COVER DISCUSSION
- I always found it very interesting that they would push Allison Williams as the “cover girl” on InStyle for GIRLS. Is it because she’s the “pretty” one? Why not use Lena Dunham, as the main writer and probably main actress.
- Drew Barrymore is pregnant, and she’s launching her own cosmetic brand, and she’s promoting it in all red carpets. Appparently this is enough to strike a Marie Claire covers. This total face cover has a real cosmetic focus classic !
- Lorde is on The Rolling Stone. I bet she’ll be the star of the Grammys too. She really is going on her way up, beware Lana Beware ! Someone’s stilling your Indie crown.
- Lena Denahm is the new Queen of comedy, and the Vogue cover that was rumored for months finally comes up. On February, on point with Golden Globes and the Grammys. BUT photoshop retouch linked by Jezebel last week quickly created a huge buzz on social media. But let’s take a look at the retouch > .. nothing so dramatic, Vogue nous a habitué à pire in the past. And all this buzz just keep going to catalog Lena as the “fat-girl” on Vogue cover. OF COURSE Vogue is retouching every single photoshoot they feature, they always do, and this won’t stop just because crazy Jezebel creates buzz with those GIF. Hey Jezebel don’t you want to share more Black celeb/model lighten instead ? That’ll be great!
- Amber Heard a.k.a “Johnny Depp’s Girlfriend” on Jalouse. Can you read under the line ? The timing on this magazine cover couldn’t be more rotten for Vanessa Paradis. Poor Vanessa. This issue hits stands almost immediately after the fateful engagement was announced. How perfect is that HUH ?!? I am starting to hate Amber Heard for that. Because she’s the symbol of master gossip rule I hate the most : C List girl going out with A List Boy = Rising Career. Blake Lively knows this rule too well, another example ? Katie Holmes! Remember how she comes from B List tv star to A f*cking movie List star !! I loved Celebitchy comments on this situation >>
I’ve been trying to get inside Amber’s head since the big announcement. From my POV, it wouldn’t bother me at all to find an insanely rich, A-list guy like Johnny Depp. That would mean instant financial security, and I can’t blame Amber for hopping on that. I’d like to think that I’d also continue working like she will probably do. What would bother me is the notion that better jobs and roles would come my way simply because of a husband. The media is much more interested in Amber now that she might (and I say “might”) become Mrs. Depp.
- Oprah on W Mag . Oprah Winfrey didn’t get any Oscar nomination for the Butler. I don’t get why ? The Mighty O’s performance was good, really her acting skills were perfect which make her actress career even more impressive knowing that she doesn’t act that often. Anyway, I’ll have to comfort myself with the video of Oprah supporting Lupita while winning her first Critic Choice Awards. So sweet !
- Lupita Nyong’o on Dazed and Confused. Lupita Nyong’o is on the Hollywood Issue ofVanity Fair. Lupita Nyong’o has a beauty feature in Essence. Lupita Nyong’o has a fashion shoot in ItalianVogue. Lupita Nyong’o is modeling for Miu Miu. Lupita Nyongo’s on the cover of W! Lupita is rising. Lupita is at her best right now and should not stop rising up more.